Tuesday 19 February 2013

Planning Session 3

Here is the final draft of the script for our final production.

Script








The film opens with our main character, Scott, walking down a street. Scott is wearing smart but casual clothing, and should be wearing a backpack with a few items inside. The opening titles play over the top, with text appearing in a green, computerised font (similar to http://www.dafont.com/ds-digital.font), before the title of the film appears over the top of the footage.

Scott eventually comes to stop at a bench, and begins to remove items from his backpack; a newspaper, a cluster of papers (CVs) and a laptop/netbook of some sort. He opens the newspaper and studies the front page for a second - “Hackers Access Local Police Security Database”.

Scott: Again?
Scherbius: *suddenly appearing beside Scott* Nasty things, hackers.
Scott: Uh, yeah, I guess- sorry, who are you?
Scherbius: They have no direction, no cause and no effect. It’s amazing they get as far as they do. *slight pause* And then there are those who do have direction, those with a moral to what they do.
Scott: You mean like... white hats?
Scherbius: *smirking* Something like that. *pauses* You know, I used to have this idea - it’s kinda silly, really - what if people could hack in real life? Twist reality to their whim? Y’know, like, just a press of a button and all their problems are gone *laughing slightly, then pauses* I guess it’s just another impossible dream of mine.
Scott: *sighs* Yeah... That sounds great and all but I don’t see-

Camera changes angle, shows Scott from the side. Scherbius is suddenly sitting on the other side of Scott.

Scherbius: Who says people can’t? *Scott jumps*
Scott: How did you-? *Scott starts quickly putting things back into his bag, leaving the CVs, and begins to walk away. Scherbius follows* I need to go, something...weird is going on here.

*Scherbius begins to fall behind Scott, who hurries away. Suddenly, Scherbius comes round the corner in front of him. Scott stops*

Scott: *startled* Okay, I don’t know how you’re doing that, but you need to stop. I don’t know what you want from me-
Scherbius: What I want, Scott, is your co-operation.
Scott: Look... whoever you are? I-
Scherbius: Please call me Scherbius. I represent a group of, you could say, hackers known as the Phantoms-
Scott: *slightly angry* -and you want me for what, exactly?
Scherbius: We want you to come work for us. *pause* As you may have gathered, we’re not any ordinary group of hackers, but with your background-
Scott: Scherbius... I think you have the wrong guy, I don’t know anything about hackers-
Scherbius: But what about your papers? *holds out CV*
Scott: What papers- How did you-?
Scherbius: Experience with computers, Graduate of the top percent, made your first breakthrough at sixteen with the Police-
Scott: Yeah, and look how that worked out *sigh* I don’t want your job.
Scherbius: Shame, I thought you had potential and we have so much to offer you.
Scott: Oh really? What can you “Phantoms” do?
Scherbius: Time manipulation.
Scott: Yeah right *Scherbius snaps his fingers* Oh really? What can... *stops, looks confused*
Scherbius: Time manipulation. Deja vu?

*They pause. Scott sighs*

Scott: So what happens if I say no?
Scherbius: Not much - You walk away, you never see me again and you never find out what happens next.
Scott: And if I say yes?
Scherbius: Your training begins tomorrow, but know this - there are those who will work against you - and there is no turning back.
Scott: *sighs, pauses* Alright, sign me up, I guess.
Scherbius: Perfect, I will meet you tomorrow morning. Until then, you may prepare yourself for the upcoming hardships.
Scott: *turning* But what if- *sees Scherbius is gone*

*Scott pauses, before turning and walking back the way he came. Suddenly, his phone buzzes. He pulls it out to see a single text, reading “S: I’ll be in touch” cuts to black*

END

Here is also are character profiles for the two characters featured in our production.

Characters
Scott Chase - The main protagonist. A young adult (late teens), dressed in smart but casual wear. A trainee computer technician, Scott is looking for work when he is confronted by Scherbius.

Scherbius (subject to change)- The head of the “Phantoms” group. A mysterious figure - not a lot is actually given about his character, apart from his role as the leader of the Phantoms and his distaste for street magicians.





No comments:

Post a Comment